Friday 4 July 2014

Luxe Leather



Hi Everyone,

Recently the weather here in Australia has plummeted into the mid teens (which to us Aussies means freezing cold). The outdoor sunlight in these photographs disguises the fact that the day was actually super chilly (trust us, it’s not always scorching hot down under). Anyway, we decided that the perfect wardrobe staple during the winter months is something leather. There’s just something about leather that screams winter. So, here’s how we teamed up our leather inspired winter looks...




Jeans - Dotti, Shirt - Topshop, Jacket - Dotti, Necklace - Dotti, Boots - Betts

Rebecca:
In my opinion there is nothing more versatile than a black leather biker jacket. It literally can quite easily be worn ANY way and reminds me of winter fashion’s version of a
chameleon. Changing its look depending on however you choose to wear it. So, for this outfit I decided to team it with a pair of high waist jeans, a printed button up shirt, a statement necklace and the Chelsea boot.


Okay so… I loooove a good leather look Chelsea boot, and these black ones have literally been my go to shoe this winter. I found them on sale (yes, forcing yourself to browse through the messy sales sections is worth it) for less than half their original retail price (score!) and loved the unique plastic sole which is perfect for trudging through the city on a busy, rainy day (walking into the city before my internship has been so much easier since I purchased these boots).

Also, points to me for matching the love heart print on my shirt with a ‘love’ necklace, right?





Trousers - Dotti, Top - Zara, Shoes - Shoe Show, Bag - Kate Hill

Ellie:
Channeling my inner Sandy from Grease (I must admit, I love a good musical!), I opted for a pair of leather trousers. With the gold zip detailing at the ankles, this spotted, chiffon, Zara top with gold chain seemed like the perfect match. I feel that this outfit brings a touch of elegance to a somewhat rugged material.


Typically, I am quite the girly-girl when it comes to clothes. So whenever I wear a leather item, I like to pair it with a slightly more delicate piece from my wardrobe to create a perfect fashion juxtaposition. To finish off the look, I chose to wear a pair of basic, black pumps (a staple in any girl’s wardrobe!) as I was seeking a more formal look. Who says we have to be living in the 50’s to wear leather trousers? Now where’s my Danny Zuko?

What’s your favourite leather piece in your wardrobe and how do you wear it?

Reb-Elle xx

2 comments: